The Boylston Public Library is a 4,000 square foot Carnegie building erected in 1904. The library building was a gift of Salome E. White in memory of her mother, Harriet Sawyer of Sawyer's Mills. While the outside of the building and many historical features inside have remained intact, the library offers a host of innovative programs, collections, and technology to its patrons. Seated in the center of Boylston, the library is the social, cultural, and educational hub for townspeople, and is a local source of pride. Its many programs, children’s activities, and groups encourage social interaction and promote lifelong learning.